The Piano Garden
Every September the students celebrate Piano Month. This has been a long standing tradition for the past 8 years in my studio.
We celebrate by:
* writing poems,
* colouring competitions,
* jelly bean competition and
* arranging home piano concerts.
In 2020 I introduced…The Piano Garden!
* The garden has student wisdom ,
The garden appears in the studio in August during our cold, grey winter days; the tree is bare and all alone. During Term 3, I encourage students to think about a certain aspect of their learning and I ask them a question.
* This year I have asked: “Why do you enjoy piano lessons?”
Upon a green leaf we write our answers and slowly over the weeks in September we watch the piano garden grow. I place each leaf on the tree so we can all read each other’s answers and learn from each other.
* The Piano garden has friends
Apart from student quotes, musical friends appear in the piano garden,
Daisy Lady Bug
F Frog and D Dog
Here are some student quotes and how they answered my question :
Question : I enjoy learning the Piano because ..............:
* It is another fun and enjoyable hobby to learn
* Piano is interesting and gets you ahead in life
* Piano is fun and I get to learn new things
* Improves my ability to learn things
* Piano is fun and it is a challenge
* I have opportunity to learn something new every week
* Piano has an interesting history and pretty piano songs
Each week students are excited to see how the piano garden is growing with
wisdom and knowledge, I hope you enjoyed reading all about our piano garden